We were home long enough to wash clothes and pack bags again so we could head down to Moab as a family for some bike riding. The boys love Moab and I'm sure they will be talking about this trip for many months to come.
This is what Joslyn thought of that bumpy ride.
The best part about riding along these trails is if you get to splash through some water along the way. :)
We couldn't leave Moab without a drive through Arches National Park:
Delicate Arch
WSWS
what she wore sunday
She has a little bit of curl to her hair that I love...so cute! Most days I don't do anything with it so it eventually goes frizzy but Sundays are special. I have started taking her in to nursery while I run around taking roll and making talk assignments and she is doing great. I even tried to peek through the window to see how she was doing and she busted me and didn't care. :)
It seems like this baby girl is saying a new word every day, here are a few:
mom
dada
ba-den (braiden)
bo-dy (brody)
hudsee (hudson)
boys (she will stand at the top of the stairs and yell down..."boys!")
cookie
hot
done
ba-ba
i-de (ivy) (she will bang on the window and yell i-de) She is ok with the dog through the window but that is about all.)
bebe
no
ball (in nursery the other day the nursery leader said Joslyn come and get a baby so she walks over to the toy cupboard and says "ball!" because that is the first thing she spotted. You can tell she has brothers.)
shoe
pretty
hi
bye
uh-oh
owie
brush
ding-dong (i was reading a book to Brody the other day and every page said ding-dong pretty soon she started saying it too.)
brrr! (when she gets out of the shower)
poo-poo (and pats her bum)
doggie (anything with 4 legs is a doggie)
cheese (when ever I pull out the camera it's "cheese!")
num-num
***
I am always scouring blogs, the internet and my friends searching for a good book, here are a few I've read lately.
On my Kindle:
The Red Tent by: Anita Diamant hands down THE best book I've ever read- love love loved it!
The Forgotten Garden by: Kate Morton this was also a very good read.
My sister in law suggested this book- These Is My Words by: Nancy E. Turner it was fabulous and heart wrenching at the same time...come to find out there are two more books in this series-yay!- Sarah's Quilt and The Star Garden. Right now I have read 45% (according to my kindle) of The Star Garden and I'm loving it, there's an adventure around every corner. Just a few ideas in case anyone is looking for good book.
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip and Moab looks beautiful. I've always wanted to see the arches. And little Joslyn keeps getting cuter and cuter!
I'm glad you got to go to AZ! What a fun getaway!! Your family trip looked like a good time as well. :). I can't believe Joslyn talks now. She can't be that old!! Crazy.
Don't forget "boob" too... LOL
So glad you went!!! Sounds like a much needed vacation! I love how darling Joslyn always looks! When my daughters hair had a little curl a small squirt of baby lotion and then rubber through her hair would make it more curly and take away the frizzies.
loved your first two books! two of my favs! id like to hear how the other two end up after your done reading them.
sounds/looks like your recent trips have been well deserved and fun. love what she wore sunday. where did you get joslyns black and white dress? so cute!
Post a Comment