Friday, February 18, 2011

Decorating Dilemmas

Yesterday my mom and I went shopping for the first time since her knee replacement. We had a blast and I am looking forward to many more shopping trips now that she can walk better.  :) It was a quick little trip to Twin Falls, but that's OK the only place we really wanted to go was Real Deals.  I found this cute little candle stick, I loved it-I didn't know what I wanted to use it for but I couldn't pass it up. The little nest just screams spring and I am SO ready for spring. Here's what I came up with:
I got the bird last year at Tai Pan--♥ it!

I also got this clock:
I have this shelf above my bed and it needed something else, I thought this clock would be perfect.  I am having mixed feelings towards the clock- at first when I put it up I liked it. When I went in the room an hour later I wrapped it back up in the bubble wrap and I was going to take it back. Two hours later I unwrapped it and started playing around with it. I like it sitting on the decorative book here are some options:
Clock in the middle- family picture on the left.

Clock on the left family picture in the middle---NAH!
See- something has to be in the middle.

Think.


Think.


Think.


Go digging.

Wicker balls:

This is how it sits now. Tell me- what do you think. Maybe there's something I am missing.  Should I take the clock back and get something different, or give it a chance?

On to the next decorating dilemma.  I had a wreath over the fireplace at Christmas time, I just barely took it down. I loved the way it looked up there and the way it filled the space.  Looking around I decided to try putting my big clock up there:
I just hung it on the wreath nail so it is about 3-4 inches higher than I would like, I hate putting another hole in the wall though. 

Or should I just put the family pic back up there:
What do you think?

The problem with putting the clock up there is:

Now I have a blank wall above my couch. But, I would love to do something like this on that wall:
♥♥♥    {sigh}   ♥♥♥

Moving on...

I was looking at Brody the other day and noticed a little bit of hair missing from the front of his head:
it's just  a little. Nothing like Braiden's butcher job he did when he was about 4-- take a look- it's funny  (well it wasn't at the time.)
I believe that all kids are going to cut their own hair at some point.  Luckily Brody chose to be conservative, unlike our friend above. :) Oh and I never could get Brody to admit to it.

Also Joslyn is now an expert walker
She officially walks more than she crawls. 
All of my kids have walked at 13 months--just keeping tradition.

8 comments:

Kathy Rose said...

So I'm not going to be much help with your decorating dilemma's because I think any of them would look great. :) I love what you did with the candle stick...so cute! And oh my heck...LOL about Braiden's hair cutting job. It makes me so nervous that someday my girls will do that. Hopefully they won't. :)

Pal & Hatty said...

Great decorating ideas! I am glad that your mom is doing better!
You are right - every kids seems to go through an "I love scissors" phase - Tricia was my most creative - she cut Jessica's pigtails off and gave our cat a haircut - then she cut all the labels out of Hal's ties - but today she makes beautiful quilts and is SO creative!! She was just getting an early start!

triciathomas said...

I really like the clock in the middle of the shelf and the family picture above the fireplace, I LOVE the shelves too I say do what you want it looks great either way!! Hey I was meaning to ask you if you have read 'The secret life of bee's" I LOVE that book one of my all time favorites. Also have you seen the new book "Matched" she is suppose to me the next Stephanie Meyers since she's mormon and all. Have you joined Goodread's yet? I always go on there for book ideas!

Amy said...

It makes me feel better that you are asking for people's opinions on how to decorate. You are the creative one and I like to get ideas from you. I am having the same problems over here so when you figure everything out let me know :). Your house is so cute.

Kristy said...

I think you need toy tractors and GI Joes.

The Spanglers said...

I was thinking when I saw the shelf above your bed a bigger family pic would look nice. So if you aren't using the one above the mantle I would put it in your room. We have the same problem of big spaces and not sure what to do with them. Good luck.

Jessica said...

LOL at the hair!! I like the clock on the left, it balances out the candlestick on the right. Maybe just get some picture(s) to fill in the space above the wicker balls. And I also like the clock above the fireplace, I think it's the circular shape next to all the squares (mantle, bricks) that just complement each other. The shelving is super cute and would fill up the space above your couch nicely. Plus, it's more space for you to put cute stuff!!

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

OK You asked for it and everyone is giving their ideas so heres mine. I like the clock in your room in the middle, you just need something taller on the left to balance whats on the right. The big family pic above the bed would be great. I love the big clock on the fireplace wall. On the wall behind the couch... vinyl something big or... totally love the wall from Pottery Barn!