Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Feeling Crafty!

Sunday morning we woke up to Braiden and Brody running into our room and yelling, "it's snowing, it's snowing!" Of course I had to get up and see for myself...sure enough. Then Brody asked, "Mom is tomorrow Christmas?" (he he) It snowed all morning and into the afternoon but it was gone by Monday night. Thank goodness! I wasn't ready for snow, it seemed like it went from very nice autumn-summerish days to winter literally overnight! Well that put me in a very crafty mood. So I've been having a little bit of fun.



I made these for the boys' teachers. We NEED hand sanitizer these days in the worst way, so why not make it cute!?!

One of the reasons I love to blog so much is because there are so many creative people out there and they inspire me. All of this stuff I found on other blogs and I did not come up with any of these ideas myself (I'm a good copier)

Some Halloween decorations




I loved that scrapbook paper so much I wanted to frame it. ;) But I thought: "you can't just frame scrapbook paper." So... I added BOO letters and ribbon and that made it legal. :)

This project is not quite finished. I still need to get more ribbon, a leafless tree branch and some black spray paint, I will try to post a picture of the finished project later.

Cute little "Ornaments" for the "tree":



And last but not least my mom, my SIL and I made these nifty card holder-birthday reminder books.




At the beginning of the year write all the birthdays of family and friends on the calendar and put the cards in the appropriate slots, then you have to remember to send them out. Oh if only I were that good. (maybe this book will help me be better.)

Now I need to focus my crafty attention to figuring out primary singing time for Sunday. ;)

I love this time of year when we can finally switch the fireplace on and get cozy by the fire. When you can eat yummy soup for dinner. I love walking outside and smelling the wood burning stoves. The first night that it really got cold everyone around must have fired up their stoves, mmm I love that smell. Oh and I cannot forget potato harvest, on Friday the kids and all their cousins were out of school so we went out to my parents house and played. Of course the kids ran down to the cellar to check out the potato action there. Hudson was enthralled with the "truck"s and "cractors" (tractors) and would have been happy sitting back and watching all day. Now he is OBSESSED with "cractors"

With the coming of colder weather means a change in the wardrobe. So I decided it was time to go shopping for Hudson and Brody at Bins of Clothes in my basement. :) Well one thing lead to another and pretty soon I had ALL the bins dumped out and was sorting out, the good, the bad and the the "just plain UGLY" With a little girl on the way I couldn't think of a better excuse to do this. So I ended up with a mountain for the DI, and a mountain for my SIL (who is finally having a BOY after having 4 girls! Woooo Hoooo!) So Kristy, if you end up throwing ALL of them out I WILL NOT be offended, but hopefully you can find something good in there. So tell me after getting rid of so many clothes how did I end up ADDING 2 bins to the stack????? hmmm beyond me...

So the washing machine worked overtime yesterday and I found out that I can fold 6 loads of laundry in about 30 min. but now the kiddies have some weather appropriate clothing to wear. ;)

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Wahoo!! Clothes! Right now I feel like I'd take anything since the other option is pink pajamas on the poor kid:)

How do you find the time to get so crafty? I love what you did, way to show us all up!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I love your new decorations!!! I may steal a few ideas! I also think your house is beautiful!!

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

Ok I need to mskr the book for Christmas gifts. I need to call you and get a list of what I need. So Cute!

Amy said...

Wow Elise you are keeping busy! I love the little crafty things- you do amazing at "copying" from other blogs. I just wish I could do things like that:).

Kristy said...

I love your rocks on the post below. The crafties are weird, but girls are weird...

the winn-ers said...

hey you! How's everything going! I miss you! How's your momma and scott!:) I hope that you are enjoying the fall harvest for me too! Cuz I dont get too!! But I am enjoying the warm weather here, (off and on I should say, cuz today it's cold!) I hope all is well there! Tell everyone hello! Love you

Garrison Propaganda said...

oh your craftiness and prodcutivity put me to shame. and youre pregnant on top of all of that. i dont understand the mystery of the bins either. how do they multiply even after being emptied?!?