Friday, April 24, 2009

Knock-Knock...

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Oink, oink.
Oink, oink who?
Make up your mind are you a pig or an owl. :)

My kids are constantly making up knock, knock jokes that usually don't make any sense, but I laugh any way. So Grandma bought Braiden a real knock, knock joke book so he enjoys reading jokes to us all the time. That is one of his favorites.

It has been so long since I last posted, I think I broke a personal record. I do check on the blog a couple times a week, and I do check in on my friends and family but I don't ever have enought time to comment to every one. I usually go to Nate's office when I want to use the internet, but Hudson is usually yelling and making a scene so I try to keep it short.

So this is what has been going on with us... Nate has been working until all hours of the night every night on the house. Hopefully we will start painting tomorrow, if not Monday. The cabinets will be done around the 30th and they want to start installing them so we need to get the kitchen and bathrooms painted and tiled so they can put in the cabinets. Yeah!! So while Nate is working on the house I am hanging out with the in-laws. I am so grateful for them, they are so helpful with the kids and it is nice to have another adult(s) around to talk to. And Kurt has helped Nate at the house a ton. We will be forever in debted to them.

Braiden is doing well in school and is looking forward to summer and playing baseball. Oh and telling lots of knock, knock jokes.

Brody and Hudson get toted around with me all day, because once we leave the house up there, there is no going back until everything is done and everyone is picked up. They are really good about it though. Brody also gets to play T-ball this summer, he is so excited. Hudson is a funny little boy who, just recently started to love books (more then his brothers ever thought about loving them) so this is new to me. He brings me book after book and just sits and listens and laughs. He really likes this Cars book and so he will go from person to person until every adult has read it to him, he even lets Braiden read it to him. Yesterday he was so funny he kept walking into the bathroom and tearing off tiny pieces of toilet paper and then he would walk to the railing and drop it over the edge. He got a kick out of watching it flutter to the ground below. When it finally got old we had a little mess on our hands but he was having too much fun.

We had a good Easter, we had to (I mean got to) speak in sacrament meeting for the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!!!!! What is up??!!!?? That is such an intimidating task to me, because even people who don't come to church, come to church on Eater Sunday! So the pressure is on to have a great talk. I told an awesome story and bawled my way through it. UGH! I read it 15 times at home and didn't shead a tear but when your telling it up on the stand it's a whole different ballgame! Well at least that is over with for now anyway. We are still waiting for callings, I'll be interested to see what happens there. A lady from the RS Presidency called me the other day to see if I would be in charge of the Mother-Daughter Enrichment in June because they don't have an enrichment leader yet. Hmmmm is this a test??? Should be right up my ally but I need some ideas. Got any?????

Blonde Moment of the Month:
So anyway I got a little side tracked, back to Easter, I did the dumbest thing. The night before I hard boiled a dozen eggs and put them back in the fridge. (along with 2 other cartons) So the next day we got our eggs out and colored them and hid them all around the house. It wasn't until Braiden dropped the second to last egg to be found on the hunt that I realized that I had colored the RAW eggs!!!!! Duh! I was suprised that we made it as long as we did without breaking one. We all got a good laugh out of that one.

Hopefully it won't be another month before I post again. :)

3 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Sounds like your keeping busy!! I think that is so funny about coloring the wrong eggs!!! That is totally something I would do!! Can't wait to see your house finished!! YAY

Kristy said...

You are alive! I am glad the house stuff is coming along. Painting makes it seem like a house and not just wood:) Loved the egg story! I almost did that last year!

KRAZIKORTUS6PAK said...

I'm so glad to hear you are hanging in there! I would love to come help you decorate! this is definitely my new love! I just wish I had more money so I could every room! How is your house coming?