Friday, March 13, 2009

Surviving

OK, so I'm surviving. Living without the Internet, I suppose. I'm getting a lot of house work done. It seems like I'm living in my car too, because Albion is just too far to drive to go home and wait for Braiden to finish up school. Ugh I'm glad it's spring break this next week. I can take a break from all of this shuttling around.

Right now I am posting from my mom and dads house ( I must be desperate because they have DIAL-UP) I tried on Mon and Wed to go to Nate's office and get on the Internet while Brody was at preschool but Hudson was super naughty and cried the whole time both times, so that is not going to work, on to plan B.

On the 2nd we celebrated Braiden's 7th Birthday. There was no school that day (teachers inservice) lucky kid. Grandpa called his name into the radio station and they said happy birthday to him on the air, then they drew a birthday name out of a hat and Braiden won the birthday cake!! He was so excited. It was an ice cream cake from dairy queen so when we went to pick it up he was very disappointed that he couldn't eat it. So I took him to McDonald's for lunch and he had fun playing on the toys. Later after Nate got home from work we went bowling and had a little party with family at the bowling alley, he had a fun day.

The house is coming along quite nicely the Sheetrock is hung and they are texturing the walls today. It is a whole different house now, Sheetrock changes everything! Yesterday I went with my "interior designer" (wink wink) Auntie Karla, and picked out paint colors. Now we are getting to the fun stuff!!

Hudson is walking everywhere, crawling is now the secondary mode of transportation. I knew it wouldn't take long.

We have all been sick I had to take Braiden to Urgent Care ON moving day and sit there in the waiting room for 2 hours to take care of an ear infection. That was the last thing I had time for, but it all worked out in the end. And today I am still coughing my head off. It's like our bodies just gave in to sickness after the stressful week of moving.

I felt the need for some pampering so on Wed I got my nails done and yesterday I got my hair done. It was SO blonde I had to make her go back and put more dark in and I never say anything, so can you just think how blonde it was??? It is still more blonde than I am used to but I guess I am getting used to it.

I don't think I will be able to post any pictures for a while with the current computer situation so I will have a lot of catching up to do when we finally get settled. How sad is this, I didn't get to take ANY pictures on Braiden's birthday with all of the chaos of moving, the batteries in my camera were dead grrr. We did get a picture of him with his ice cream cake that he couldn't eat.

Well I better go, I am tying up the phone line (ha ha) and H is throwing a fit.

6 comments:

Niki said...

Good luck! Moving is the pits.

The Wayments said...

We need to get together when you take your kids to school one day. Hang in there...your house will be finished before you know it...at least that is what I tell myself. Call me when you are in town(by the way, I NEVER thought I'd be saying that in a million years...)

Kristy said...

sounds like life is crazy!! It was a lot of fun to see you last weekend. we really need to get out on a saturday for just shopping though!! Hang in there, your house will be done before you know it!!

Rachael and Justin said...

you poor thing! No internet? lol. Oh the things we have to sarifice sometimes. ugh. I can't believe Hudson is walking. When will your house be done?

Garrison Propaganda said...

uuuggghhhh hopefully living out of boxes and having things in storage flys by fast. but no internet. that has got to be the worst part. i dont know how id waste my time all day. especially during quiet time! hang in there!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I hope you are ok without the internet! I would die!! Amazing the things you think you can't live without!