Yipee! I finishd the ironing, now I can blog.
We were able to spend Thanksgiving with the Douglass' this year (that would be Nate's mom's side of the family.) It was awesome. Months and months ago Terril reserved The Albion Campus Grove for the whole family. Albion Campus Grove is an old college campus originally established in 1893. After giving out 6,460 degrees they finally closed the doors in 1969. Since then the buildings started wearing down with time; until 3 Idaho families decided to purchace the entire campus from the city and start renovations. The first building they renovated was Miller Hall where our Thanksgiving dinner was held. Miller Hall housed all 50 (ish) of us for the night giving each little family their own rooms. You can check it out here. Now the Douglass family has some of the best cooks known to man So dinner was AMAZING:) I need gravy lessons from whomever made that gravy because it was SOOOO good! After dinner of course there was a wide array of desserts to choose from all very delish!
Uncle Paul carving the Turkey, and Nate making sure it tastes good.
Travis, Natalie, Kiley and Hayley waiting for the OK to dish up.
That night we had a talent show, Braiden sang:
Mr Turkey, Mr Turkey you are getting big and fat, we will eat you on Thanksgiving, tell me what do you think of that.
Mr. Turkey, Mr. Turkey do you ever wonder why, we eat you on Thanksgiving right along with pumpkin pie.
Very cute.
Brody showed a turkey picture that he made in preschool.
Some of the other talents included:
Emmett and Michelle's kids, Tommy playing the violin and Taylor singing.
Madelyn playing the guitar.
Hayley singing I am a Child of God, with help from grandma (but not much) It was so cute!!
Uncle Cobby reading the kids a story.
Aunt Louanne, Michelle and Emmett singing, Grandmas Feather Bed.
After the talent show everyone went on a hay ride. (night vision pictures are really hard to take because if you move a cm. they blurr, but I did my best)
Nate and Hudson enjoyed a late night snack. (except Hudson didn't want to share)
On Friday we went up to the mountains to cut a christmas tree.
This is Braiden preparing to whack one down!
Friday night we headed to the Rupert square where we enjoyed cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate and anxiously waited for Santa to come and turn on the lights. After the square was lit we enjoyed a little fireworks show. By the time that was over I was frozen solid, but hey that is part of the fun, right????
On Saturday our friends from dental school were up from AZ so we hung out with them and took them to lunch, it was so good to see them!!! After that we took the kids to Madagascar 2 Escape to Africa. Hudson is getting to that age were it is no longer fun to take him to the movies. About half way through I wanted Nate to give me the keys so I could just go home but, I decided to stay. (I don't know why)
We had a FUN weekend and it was good to see everyone again!!
5 comments:
Busy, busy! But is sounds like you had a lot of fun. We thought of you guys at the Rupert fireworks and Santa Clause as we sat in a warm house eating more pie! Glad you had fun!!!!
holy cow, im no fan of thanksgiving--but the way you guys celebrated sounds like a blast! how fun to be with so many family members (especially when theyre great cooks). the day after sounded full of excitement too.
A program, a program would be a pretty scary thing on the Mickelsen side... I guess you could play the piano....
It was a good time. I just can't believe you have that much ironing to do. I started sending mine out and I only have about two per month.
Fun! I am glad you guys had such a good time. It must have been fun catching up with Luekenga's also. Good times!
Post a Comment