Winners Never Quit:
Saturday was the first wrestling meet. It was TOUGH! You can say all you want about the sport, but one thing I learned yesterday is that it will teach them to have good sportsmanship and self control. Because it is an individual sport when they loose it's them and them alone that looses. A loss is easier to take when you are on a team, that is for sure! After one of the matches Braiden lost he threw his ankle band to the mat, so we'll have to work on sportsmanship there. The tricky thing about wrestling is you wrestle according to weight not by skill level. So Braiden was up against kids that have been wrestling for years and this was his first meet. It was hard, he wrestled, he lost. He wrestled, he lost. He wrestled, he lost. Then we thought he was done, not so, two more matches. When he heard that he broke down, he was done, he was ready to quit, but he got out there and he lost two more times. But he got back out there, and he fought hard and did great for a beginner and made me proud! That makes him a winner in my book!
Now I am bawling, just writing this.
It was a bit easier for Brody, the kids his weight and age are more on the same skill level but he still got pinned. bummer!
The day went better after a little lunch and some down time.
Braiden woke up Sun morning, "OH I'm sore in more places than I can even name!"WSWS
Not a very good picture but cute little girlie anyway. I got this little dress at Target, sweater from Children's Place. I love the dress, but without the sweater it reminds me of a mumu, not that there's anything wrong with mumus. ;)
It was Stake Conference yesterday. When it was over Hudson said, "That church was WAY too long!" The kids were great though.
After Conference we went over to the hospital to see grandma, yesterday was a "good" day, It was good to see her laugh.
Cob and Natalie came over for dinner, then we spent the rest of the day OUTSIDE!!!! It was BEAUTIFUL yesterday!!!
I think Brody has conquered his fear of the bike.
WINNERS NEVER QUIT!
So that was our In Like a Lion week.
5 comments:
I saw the same thing with Benjamin and swimming last year. He was up against kids who had been swimming for years, and this was the first time he'd been able to swim across the pool in his life. He never came in better than third, and wanted to quit at the beginning, but it was so worth it in the end.
Elise, I just love your blog...keep up the good work!
aaahh...wrestling. I remember watching all of my brothers at that sport. IT would totally wear me out also!!
Sounds like your life is crazy like mine :) and our kids just keep growing. Can't believe Braiden's in the double digits!!
Mumus are awesome, and I miss the mountains. Man, they are getting way too big!
What great stories of determination! They are learning some good life skills with wrestling!
I think the dress and sweater are both really cute - on a cute little girl!
Post a Comment