Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Fall Y'all!



It's potato harvest time round these parts. I love this time of year, the sights, the sounds, the smells, and yes even following behind the slow moving potato trucks. Potato harvest is better than Christmas for my brother Scott (... really I'm serious on this one.) I took the kids out to see the action first hand.

 
Grandpa and the boys.


Joslyn and mama.



Both of my brothers left their homes, families, and jobs to come and help out with the harvest.  I love them to bits for doing this. Deep down I know they LOVE it though. ;)

My brothers teased me relentlessly growing up Casey grew out of it but Christopher never did.  Case in point....

Yeah that's gonna get you a date.  haha!
Love him though. He makes me laugh.

Cute story:  There was a small break so we were all standing around enjoying homemade chocolate chip cookies when Scott said, "Who loves the cellar-raise your hand."  We all raised our hands, some of us raised both hands and he giggled.  Told ya he loved potato harvest more than Christmas!


{Spookifications}
Some are spookier than others. ;)

I've been decorating for fall and Halloween and having fun doing it



I love this Autumn sign I let out a squeal of delight when I opened my fall box, I had forgotten all about it.

Glittery pumpkin.


The kids love the "spooky tree"...I do too!
Love the cuter than heck table runner my mom made, that accidentally coordinates perfectly with the colors of the "ornaments".



Pretty fall wreath.

Copied this idea from the Potterybarn Kids mag.


Those are a few of my favorites from around the house. 

 I've been working on a few fun projects, I have a couple of finishing touches to take care of before I can show you so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Very cute decorations Elise. My mind is working in overdrive right now thinking about how I get to decorate soon ;). PS some of your ideas may be copied.
Our close date isn't until Dec 3. So it will be a nice Christmas present for us.
Oh and Joslyn is adorable. 9 months flew by!

Kathy Rose said...

Oh my heck...just seeing these pictures makes me miss this soooooo much. I honestly don't remember the last time I was home during harvest. Maybe 9 or 10 years. Way too long. I miss it. And there is nothing like the 'smell' of it. It's the best! Okay, Christopher is a nerd ;) and Scott is the best!!! I just love him and I love that he loves harvest so much!!! LOVE the "who loves the celler-raise your hand". That is awesome!! :) Your house looks darling too! So many cute decorations. You would never know it was fall at my house. We have three mini pumpkins and that is it. It's my favorite season, how awful is that.

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

Crap! Your so crafty. I love everything you did. You look so cute standing with Jos in your arms. I love you!